} Hot Celebrity Hollywood : [HotCelebrityHollywood] Rita Wilson: I Had a Double Mastectomy

Hot Celebrity Hollywood -

Lending even more weight to the importance of breast cancer screenings, Rita Wilson told People that she recently had a double mastectomy.


The 58-year-old wife of Tom Hanks explained, “Last week, with my husband by my side, and with the love and support of family and friends, I underwent a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction for breast cancer after a diagnosis of invasive lobular carcinoma.”


Wilson added, “Recently, after two surgical breast biopsies, PLCIS (pleomorphic carcinoma in situ) was discovered. I mention this because there is much unknown about PLCIS and it is often found alongside DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ). I was relieved when the pathology showed no cancer. [But a second physician] found invasive lobular carcinoma. His diagnosis of cancer was confirmed by, yet, another pathologist. I share this to educate others that a second opinion is critical to your health…. Early diagnosis is key. I feel blessed to have a loving, supportive husband, family, friends and doctors and that I am the beneficiary of advances in the field of breast cancer and reconstruction. I am getting better every day and look forward to renewed health.”




The Hottest Celebrity Pics and Videos Online, Browse our Gallery to view your favorite Movie Hotties and Models.

Popular Hollywood Celebrity